Here in ‘April’ translation agency technical subject matters are in the same demand as legal. Translation of technical texts also needs special attention from specialized translators and editors.
Technical translation – is …
Technical translation – is a translation of special-purposed technical texts that requires not only foreign language knowledge but involving technicians, engineers and other specialized workers.
Poor science and technical translation may result in system failure, equipment damages or even worse effects. Only imagine the effect of incorrect translation of safety regulations or grounding manual.
For the last years science and technical translations grew very popular. That’s why there is a need in constant refinement of the tools and technique of such texts translation.
Peculiarities of technical texts
Translation of science and technical texts has its features which are known to every esteemed translator.
Technical text is the text that
- is full of specialized vocabulary, acronyms and terms with often various meanings;
- is defined by logic, accuracy and certainty;
- lacks narrative stylistic tools and cannot stand arbitrary narration pattern;
- requires extreme accuracy of translation with deep knowledge and experience in different areas (aviation, engineering industry, etc.).
We provide science and technical translation of:
- installation manuals, operation regulations and user guides;
- patents, data charts, leaflets, technical and science documents;
- tender documents, diagrams, AutoCad blueprints;
- scientific research, industrial standards, specifications and loads of other technical literature;
- We work with any format of the source and target languages: Adobe Framemaker, InDesign, XML, AutoCad
We specialize in quick translations
If you need urgent science and technical translation contact us. Our managers and translators team will provide you with high-quality translation of hundreds of pages during few days.
Our translation agency employs professional technical translators and editors working with 40 languages. The team consists of electronic and electrical technology engineers, builders, mechanics, material engineers, physicists, chemists, chemists-engineers and other specialists.
Translations are usually distributed between either a qualified specialist with good command of the language or educated language expert with excellent background of specific subject matter.
There are basic requirements to technical translator:
- Linguistic or technical education;
- Good command of foreign language and knowledge of specialized industry;
- Knowledge of technical terminology of the source and target languages;
- Ability to use methods of technical texts translation which is very important for producing adequate and logical end product.
Here in ‘April’ translation agency we try to allow for all the requirements to technical texts translation. Regardless the working language high-quality translation of scientific and technical texts means:
- Translating no more than 8 imagined pages per working day. One page is defined as 1800 characters with spaces and punctuation marks;
- Translation term with editing involves 35/40 pages per working day;
- Using all possible additional materials, dictionaries, sources on each knowledge area of a translator’s work.
- Separate glossary for each project. Such glossary is coordinated with the client without fail. Specialists of certain areas are invited to check terminology conformity for you to get accurate translation.
- Using translations memory tools. ‘April’ translation agency will help you in translating voluminous technical texts using such software as Trados, Deja Vu, Wordfast, etc. These programs will help to perform technical translation in no time and refine translation quality by aligning the terminology.
English technical translation
Translation of English texts is the most common thing as English is international and most frequently used language. In ‘April’ translation agency we work with more than 40 languages so you can certainly involve us in translating any text on/from any language.
Technical literature translation depends directly on specialization which determines translation’s complexity and cost.
See also: prices of technical translation.